In most cases, this will be a single-blind assessment with at least two independent reviewers, followed by a final acceptance/rejection decision by the Editor-in-Chief, or another academic editor approved by the Editor-in-Chief.
1. All manuscripts must be forwarded to Editorial Office;
2. Assistant Editor will assign a manuscript number to each manuscript;
3. The manuscript number will be coded with “Journal name-4 digitals of year-2 digitals of month-4 digitals starting from 0001”, e.g. Journal name-2016-06-0001, Journal name-2016-06-0002, Journal name-2016-06-0003, …..
4. Assistant Editor and Executive Editor-in-Chief will determine who (Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editor-in-Chiefs, or Associate Editors) will serve as a Handling Editor to handle this manuscript.
5. Assistant Editor will forward this manuscript to that Handling Editor and request that Handling Editor to handle that manuscript;
6. The Handling Editor will request initially for 3-5 potential peer-reviewers to review that manuscript; the Handling Editor can herself/himself serve as a peer-reviewer. Each peer-reviewer will be asked to return critical comments in two weeks;
7. The Handling Editor must collect critical comments from at least TWO peer-reviewers;
8. The Handling Editor makes a recommendation decision (Accept/Minor revise/Major revise/Reject) and forwards this recommendation decision to MO Editorial Office;
9. If this manuscript needs to be revised, the Assistant Editor can directly forward the critical comments in combination with the revision decision to the authors for revision within one month (Minor Revision) or two months (Major revision);
10. If this manuscript is recommended to be accepted or rejected, the Assistant Editor must forward this decision to Executive Editor-in-Chief or Editor-in-Chief for approval. The approval result will return to the Editorial Office. Then, Assistant Editor will inform Executive Editor-in-Chief or Editor-in-Chief to send a final decision to the authors;
11. Each accepted manuscript will be forwarded to the Product Editor for edition and publication;
12. The Assistant Editor assists Executive Editor-in-Chief to monitor the entire process.
A summary of the editorial process is given in the flow charts below.